Message to Moderators :O

Home Forums Minigames Issues/Other Message to Moderators :O

This topic contains 16 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Trevish 9 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Trevish
    Blocked

PS: That’s not a hate message.

So as you all know,English is the language which is mostly used by players of EternalCraft.We all know that one of the requirements to become a moderator is you need to have a good english.However,I think this point should be not be considered strictly.Having a good knowledge in the English language is good but minecraft is a game which is played by mostly kids and i don’t think they will understand big words such as “gleeful” which can be easily understood if it replaced by the word “happy” or another example, “prodigious” can be easily replaced and understood if we use “amazing” or simply “wonderful”..

Many of us know the points observed when writing a speech,one of them is we must know who is the audience,in the same way,EC Members are mostly children/teens.

So we must explain them in a simple way than using complex words.

Why Am I posting this?
    First of all ,i remarked that in mod applications as if the Language English is the most important,if we make some mistakes,it’s like the end of the world supposely.

What I want to tell players is ,if you understand 85% of the english,the language used in it is OK and can be understand by all players.Not because someone input “is” instead of “are” or wrote “diamon” instead of “diamond” that it is a BAD APP.

I posted this because i was bored.

#100619 Score: 0

Spy
    Participant

This is hilarious, you’re talking about good grammar and you have the 2nd worst grammar in EC after login_woohoo…

#100621 Score: 0

Trevish
    Blocked

That’s so nice of you!
    I won’t blame you since you don’t even play EC. I’m happy to know that i’ve got the 2nd worst grammar in EC.

Haters gonna hate <3

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by  Trevish.
    • This reply was modified 9 years ago by  Trevish.
    #100629 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

If you are trying to talk about grammar, i agree with mizo.

Second, the english part mostly come from members, not mods.

The topic should be a message to members

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by  Wither.
    #100631 Score: 0

2Federal
    Participant
    12 pts

I agree with Wither.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by  2Federal.
    #100633 Score: 0

Trevish
    Blocked

#Wither
    Did you even understand what i mean?
    I mean when moderators are communicating with members,they should talk to them in the simplest way so that they can understand.[Short form of what i meant]

#100637 Score: 0

deasertman
    1 pt

He’s not criticizing people for their bad grammar/English on EC. He’s simply stating that when communicating with members, mods should try to lower down the level of English depending on that person so he/she can understand most of what’s being said. He’s also saying that on mod apps, your knowledge of English shouldn’t be taken really strictly, considering having a decent English language is all that’s needed, but this is already enforced.

I don’t see why you’re all attacking him.. Tbh I agree but most of this is already applied by mods. If they find that the person can’t comprehend the vocabulary they’re using, they could use simpler, more common words.

#100642 Score: 0

and what about spanish players? the most of ’em dont know alot of english, but they comprehend the commands. I think that mods should know spanish too.

#100650 Score: 0

igra2002
    Participant
    1 pt

Im with Ethan (cause we both main language is spanish, xDxD)

#100651 Score: 0

JuhJuhDuck
    Participant
    2 pts

I think that they should be able to talk at least 95% proper English and/or another language considering that this is an English based server.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by  JuhJuhDuck.
    #100664 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

This is an English server, borncorp never intended to be invaded by other countries..

(This feels like Social Studies now..)

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by  AnderZENZ.
    #100670 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

From many mod apps I seen, I really don’t see much moderators having a problem about english.

From previous mod apps (not naming specific ones out), members are commenting that their english isn’t that good.

For English Levels: If you can understand what Members and Moderators are talking in english, you are pretty good. If you can write english and read english, I think you fit in. Few mistakes are fine, but English does not need to be 100% strict and mistakes are FINE

#100698 Score: 0

Levisor
    Participant

“From many mod apps I seen,”

*slowly claps*

but yeah english does not intend to be 100% accurate as long as everyone can understand.Besides we play minecraft to have fun ,not to perfect our english 😉

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by  Levisor.
    #100711 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

Yeah most of us here aren’t done with our education yet O.O but the Spanish invasion.. Pretty obvious they’re trying to take over.

Example: A few weeks ago, A Spanish/English player was arguing with xZero about whether the server was English or Spanish, and zero almost had to kick him he got so annoying, just evidence they’re taking over right there..

But as long as they’re being good players, let’s welcome them 😉

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by  AnderZENZ. Reason: :>
    #100719 Score: 0

Waveware
    Participant
    13 pts

Still has a point, it’s not a strong one, it’s still a point tho.

What I got from you (Still) is that “Your English vocabulary is too wide, can you dumb it down a bit for those who are less proficient in the English language”

Well we can, but the problem is, sometimes this is how we talk, or sometimes there is no better words to better describe what meant. But trevish, everytime someone replies or say something. You twist their words to what ever you want it to mean. We are trying to be as specific as we can.

As for grammar, meh

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!