Need to update this server to 1.7.10 or 1.8.0

Home Forums Survival General discussion Need to update this server to 1.7.10 or 1.8.0

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  nikosagr 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Jaansher786
    Participant

Hi, i would just like to mention that this has been in my head for ages, this is about updating the server to the latest version of minecraft and this is why.

Well we all wouldn’t like to see nobody playing EC again and i fear all is could happen if this server doesn’t update

Reason 1 – People are going to get bored and go on to different servers.

Reason 2 – People can duplicate because this server has been on 1.7.4 for ages and there are some duplication glitches that have solved in the further updates.

Reason 3 – There are some hacking devices for the update 1.7.4 what have been solved in the further updates.

Thank you for taking your time and reading this thread.
    hopefully in the future the server will update!

#72874 Score: 0

ZznabelaA
    Participant

I think the server will be updated when 1.8 is published. Also I am sure there are some reasons for the fact that the server hasn’t been updated to 1.7.10

• This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by  ZznabelaA.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by  ZznabelaA.
    #72877 Score: 0

Jaansher786
    Participant

what reasons could there be! because in the future updates its all bug fixes and all that stuff which will definitely stop those duplicators e.g zea

#72880 Score: 0

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

We can’t up upgrade the server client and the plugins asap to 1.8.1, the maximum we might be able to do is update the client to 1.7.10, but most of the plugins, nope.

#72882 Score: 0

ZznabelaA
    Participant

oh yes rogue is right

#72885 Score: 0

https://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit/

As you can see, 1.8 hasn’t been released yet. Latest beta build is 1.7.9, and the latest development build is 1.7.4. According to my educated guess, I think the server is using the 1.7.2 beta build.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/sec-fun-info-chat-tp-towny-advanced-v0-88-0-0-land-and-town-management-3020-1-7-2-r0-3.25101/

This is Towny, our main survival plugin. Its latest version is 1.7.2. It won’t work with another build.

There a couple more plugins that work on that build only. That’s the reason why we can’t update.

Also, updating is a pain in the butt. The headmods have to update every single plugin manually. That’s another reason why updating the server takes time. It’s no easy task, I tell you.

#72890 Score: 0

ChillzKillz99
    Participant

Yeah I know. If you want to update the server, it can take more than a week, especially this server, cuz there are many plugins used. It will make a huge list if I start counting……

#72894 Score: 0

vsub391
    Participant

Your argument is invalid. The new updates are useless and only make people change their versions. Duplication glitches will not me affected since that is a plugin issue. Bukkit has not been updated yet.

#72899 Score: 0

mod67 / MrPvr99
    Participant

We need to wait for update all plugins to 1.8
    All glitches in 1.7.4 works in 1.8….

#72918 Score: 0

Garnachos
    Participant

As MrInvis pointed out, there are currently no updated plugins to run the server. If we were to update the server plugins would wash away with it. We are unable to update it because of that, also we need to see if there are any bugs in 1.8, make sure there is a update for ALL the plugins we currently run on the server as well. Trust me, we don’t hate 1.8 or anything about 1.7.4. It’s just that we can’t update it without the corresponding plug-ins being up to date.

We have also solved various duping bugs/glitches to try to avoid it. Even in the new minecraft update, there might be a way to dupe and all we can do is to stop it/alongside the person committing the offense on the server. As for Hacked clients, your point isn’t quite correct. Just because we’re on 1.7.4 doesn’t mean it makes it more vulnerable/manipulable for people to create hacked clients. As soon as 1.8 comes out I can guarantee you that someone will hop on the track to creating a updated hacked client.

Don’t let false reasons blind you, the server isn’t updated for various logical and pretty obvious reasons.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by  Garnachos.
    #72920 Score: 0

maxminoS
    Participant
    7 pts

^ All them reasons,

See we will update once we can. But until then, what do you expect us to do? Re-code every plugin we use just to update faster?

#73231 Score: 0

nikosagr
    Participant

dont update the server to 1.7.10 you should update it to 1.8

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!