OreTime Petition

Home Forums Prison Feedback OreTime Petition

This topic contains 22 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Trollson 9 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Alright, this Petition as requested by melee41, melee42, melee43, melee44, melee46, melee47, melee49, melee50 and melee52 and challenged by DarkKnightz17 and FuriousKnight.

The Purpose of This Petition is to change the OreTime from 2,592,000 seconds (30 days) to 2,629,746 seconds (30 days, 10 hours, 29 minutes and 6 seconds)

Question: How do I derive from that number

Taking the fact that there is exactly 365.2425 days in 1 year (check all sources, its correct) and assuming there is no leap seconds

There will be 365.2425 x 24 x 60 x 60 = 31,556,952 seconds

Since there are 12 pairs of ore parties in 1 year, OreTime = 31,556,952 / 12 = 2,629,746 seconds

Difference = 2,629,746 – 2,592,000 = 37,746 seconds (10 hours, 29 minutes and 6 seconds)

(Use a calculator if you don’t believe it)

By using exactly 30 days, the time is fixed, being 3am and 3pm UTC-5 (New York City Winter Time), which means Eastern Europeans, Western Asians and the Middle East gets both ore parties while others get only 1 each. This means that Americans, Eastern Asians and Australians (Being the Majority) gets only 12 ore parties per year, with the former aforementioned groups getting 24 ore parties per year instead, which is unfair and will result in riots.

However, with the exact timings, the ore party time shifts by 10 hours, 29 minutes and 6 seconds. This means that each person around the world gets 13 ore parties, and is all equal. Since Equality is a Vital Value to the ENTIRE World, hence this is the solution.

From the experience in the 1st ore party in May 2015 (No 12.1 Ore Party) ~2.54pm UTC+8 (Singapore/China Time), it seems that server time is very inaccurate. This definitely needs to be fixed.

Solution: Starting from June 2015, from 1 set of ore party, Oretime should be 2,629,746 seconds apart, with each ore party 6 hours deviating away from the median. This is the best solution to preserve Equality.

Goal: As requested by FuriousKnight, 40 Signatures are required for this Petition to become a bill.

I hope you will consider this Petition as a way to preserve Equality. Please consider this very carefully, and I hope that you will sign it.

Thank you,

Melee49

#106902 Score: 0

Anonymous

Signed, melee49

#106904 Score: 0

Yaseen20
    Participant

Agreed, what ever he said.. I can only understand like ~85% of it.. I’ll sign after I understand fully.

Signed Yaseen20

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by  Yaseen20.
    #106905 Score: 0

Artoriel
    Participant
    2 pts

If Ore Party time keeps changing, a lot of players will be confused. Not all people can count as good as you. The main purpose of the Automated Ore Party system is a “Fix Time“. It will be easier for all the players to prepare before Ore Parties since they know exactly when will the parties start. We already try to make it fair for all players in all timezones by making it hosted twice with 12 hours difference. If some players managed to attend both of them, then it is their luck.

#106906 Score: 0

Anonymous

The thing is, 10.5 hours is a nice rounded number, not like 731 minutes or whatsoever…, they can still use a calculator -.-, Stop disobeying the Laws of Time or Dialga and Celebi will hunt you down -.-

Also, the fact that the numbers are factors of the huge one…, there are only 12 timings (or 24 if each ore party are counted separately)…

Not Much to memorise right?

Also, the fact that there are 40 timezones in the world, I can also do the calculations if you want me to.

#106909 Score: 0

i agree .
    signed : 88green1

#106911 Score: 0

Artoriel
    Participant
    2 pts

Just to make it clearer, our current system is: Ore Party will be hosted twice in a day, then both will be repeated every 30 days.

By signing melee’s petition, you want it repeated every 30 days 10 hours 29 minutes and 6 seconds. So.. have fun calculating the new time every month :)

#106912 Score: 0

Trevish
    Blocked

How about Ore Mine resets every 5 days ;33?

#106914 Score: 0

2Federal
    Participant
    12 pts

You should be happy for what these mods do for us.
    We all have missed OrePartys so what? Not the end of the world thats for sure.

We are all in a Game that we really love, no need to take this in-to real life actions.

Becuase you know.. Furious and Trollson and the others whom worked on this, didn’t have to make this for us / you. They could have went on with there lifes and kept updating the Server.
    But we have Kind, very nice People who take there time and do these kind of things for us. They are not robs nor are we.

Be Thankfully For What Others Give You. :)

#106915 Score: 0

Beast
    Participant

SIGNED, BeastADragon

#106917 Score: 0

aaah man , darky , i did the calculate m8 . .
    – i think everythin should stay da same
    -i resign .

#106918 Score: 0

Anonymous

You should be happy for what these mods do for us.
    We all have missed OrePartys so what? Not the end of the world thats for sure.

We are all in a Game that we really love, no need to take this in-to real life actions.

Becuase you know.. Furious and Trollson and the others whom worked on this, didn’t have to make this for us / you. They could have went on with there lifes and kept updating the Server.
    But we have Kind, very nice People who take there time and do these kind of things for us. They are not robs nor are we.

Be Thankfully For What Others Give You. :)

—————————————————————————–

Thank you very much tavon… but you don’t see the point…

Games are meant to ‘stimulate real life’, and yes missing Ore Parties is the end of the world, due to the fact that you are ‘compressing’ time…

And another thing… Its made for ALL of us, EQUALLY. Stop discrimation NOW… You especially -.-

I am thankful enough, But there is more improvements. Nothing can be 100% perfect, but these aint 99.999999% yet…

—————————————————————————–

Also dark, for simplicity sake, how about 10.5 hours instead -.-

There should be NO Discrimination in this server at ALL Times…

So stop favouring normal people and discriminating mentally ill people…

#106920 Score: 0

Levisor
    Participant

Agree on trevish’s idea ;D

Vote Down on melee’s “petition”
    why?
    So PR mods made it to let us wait for 30 days so if it starts at 1 pm the next 30 days will start at 1 pm too so we can be prepared by that time. By signing melee’s petition you agreed that ore party will be hosted after 30 days and 10 hours. So it will be like we start at 1 pm then the next ore party which will be hosted after 30 days and 10 hours will be at 11 pm then after another 30 days and 10 hours again it will be at 9 am. Nice one, that will just make us more confused. IF that’s what you wanted then good for you

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by  Levisor.
    #106921 Score: 0

Artoriel
    Participant
    2 pts

There is no discrimination here, Eres. We set it so that the system will work as the majority wants. And we do not want to change it only for you.

#106924 Score: 0

Anonymous

Hold on, I just thought of something else…

If the Oretime is 30 days…

May 16 2015, Saturday

June 15 2015, Monday

July 15 2015, Wednesday

August 14 2015, Friday

September 13 2015, Sunday

October 13 2015, Tuesday

November 12 2015, Thursday

December 12 2015, Saturday

Since its +2 days per month, people will have a 90% chance of missing 72% of the ore parties…

Reconsider this carefully and fix it to a multiple of 7 -.-

Recommanded are 28 or 35 days -.-

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘OreTime Petition’ is closed to new replies.

Posted by at

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!